Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I got my sticker

At around 9:10 this morning I turned in my vote-by-mail ballot and got my sticker. Rock on.

I spoke with my friend Jini today, who is currently living in Texas while attending college, and she explained the excitement of today pretty well: "It's like a sporting event." People are watching this election like no other. It's almost creeping into the realm of pop-culture. The country has never been more uniform in its issues that we want resolved, and I've seen more enthusiasm about politics than you can shake a stick at... and I'm talking about a really big stick.

Hopefully all this excitement, enthusiasm and action will carry through past the election. The worst thing any of us can do is vote for someone and then sit around waiting for him and his people to make things better. Hopefully people are adamantly pumped this time around because they see what's going on, have chosen a candidate they think can lead the change/reform, and plan on staying active to help implement the changes after he's elected. Because if everyone actually did that... well, let's just say we could start patting each other on the back for figuring something out for once. There is no "I" in "team" -- this is not a one-man job -- our responsibility is not over once we drop the ballot in the little slot.

Can I get a hi-five?

No comments: