Saturday, November 1, 2008

MusicianWages.com


Another holiday down, and we're into the last couple months of 2008. Stores have already started playing Christmas music, and turkeys are getting nervous. It actually rained in L.A. today, and Thriller is still a wicked record.

I got an email from my good friend Cam today (Cam's website -- Cam's blog). Cam is a great guitarist and all-around badass. He's extremely smart, and everything I do to promote my music I basically copied from him. Recently, Cam and his friend Dave started a new website for musicians. The site is called MusicanWages.com and it's designed to help working musicians in their pursuit of making a living with music. In addition to writing articles themselves, Cam and Dave (kinda sounds like Sam and Dave... they should make a band) enlist the services of their musician compatriots to contribute to the site. It makes for a real functional and useful site that I wish was around when I was getting started. I wrote an article (yay for me!) and am happy to be a part of it. Cruise on over and check it out, and if you know any musicians, pass the word along.

I'm almost to the halfway point in Thriller, and I'm finding myself wanting to skip ahead to P.Y.T. so I can hear Paul Jackson Jr.'s funky guitar work... patience is a virtue.

No comments: