Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm gonna be busy...

Not too long ago, I signed up for a music submission service online. The site is called MusicSubmit.com (go figure) and they pass your music on to webzines, blogs, radio, podcasts, indie record labels, etc. The number of submissions varies depending on the package you choose. I picked the 800 submission package, which came with a bonus 200 submissions for free for my genre. It seems like a cool way to get exposure for independent music like mine, and it's all done via the glorious internet machine.

Starting a couple days ago, I've been receiving feedback from the site telling me who they've submitted to so far, and I've also gotten some emails from some of those sites saying they dig it and would like to do a review, and one of them even sent me questions to answer for a virtual interview. So far, MusicSubmit has sent 25 submissions out of 1000... I'm realizing that I'm about to get real busy following up on this. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about it and I've always known it would be a lot of hard work to gain the kind of exposure I need. But now I realize I'm basically going to have an office job (working for myself) responding to these musical leads. Looks like it's time to hunker down in the trenches and get to work... rockin.

By the way, as I'm writing this I'm listening to some killer old funk. The 70's were badass.

No comments: